Emotional Emancipation Circles
INTERESTED IN JOINING THE MOVEMENT FOR FREEDOM FROM THE EMOTIONAL LEGACIES OF ENSLAVEMENT AND RACISM?
This program opens up an affinity space for Black people and is an eight-part journey into healing internalized racial wounds, community-building, and activism. Participants will be given the opportunity to share, connect, and reflect in a safe, affirming space.
Stay Tuned for Details About the Next Circle Series
In Emotional Emancipation (EE) Circles, we come together to:
- Share our stories and feelings, always respecting the humanity and dignity of each EE Circle member;
- Deepen our understanding of the impact of historical forces on our emotional lives, our relationships, and the well-being of our communities;
- Free our minds and spirits from the lies of White superiority and Black inferiority, and heal from the historical and continuing trauma of racism;
- Tell ourselves a new, liberating, and empowering story about who we are as people of African ancestry;
- Revitalize ourselves and our relationships with each other;
- Learn and practice essential emotional wellness skills to help us be at our very best-–as individuals and as a people; and
- Develop strategies to extinguish the lies of White superiority and Black inferiority–once and for all.
Emotional Emancipation Circles℠ were originated by Community Healing Network, Inc., (CHN), and are the product of a collaboration between CHN and the Association of Black Psychologists (ABPsi), and part of the larger global grassroots movement for emotional emancipation being spearheaded by CHN.
The EE Circles℠ process is one of many strategies devised by CHN to build the movement for freedom from the lies of White superiority and Black inferiority, and other emotional legacies of enslavement and racism. EE Circles℠ are inspired by the self-help movement and grounded in the principles of Ma’at, the ancient Egyptian understanding of the fundamental order of the universe.